PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Name that Flying Machine
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2020, 17:49
Auxtank

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by MReyn24050
I owe you an apology whilst I said that the engine was not a Mercedes-Benz there is a link as I am sure you know:-
The Mercedes-Benz brand was born under a lucky star: the current trademark comprising a three-pointed star in a laurel wreath was created in 1925 – in time for the merger between Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft (DMG) and Benz & Cie., which together became Daimler-Benz AG, in summer 1926.
A Daimler link.
Please accept my apologies.
Of course.
Although you're almost right.
The star was born in 1909 when Daimler’s sons Paul and Adolf recalled an 1872 picture postcard sent by their father to their mother with a three-pointed star marking the location of his house in Germany with the explanation that one day the star would shine over his factory and bring prosperity. DMG took the star as the company’s logo, trademarking three- and four-pointed stars but only using the three-pointed one; to depict Daimler's involvement in providing engines for Land, Sea and Air. The logo began with a blue color but was changed to its signature silver after its involvement in the first Grand Prix at the Nürburgring in 1934.