View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2020, 21:20
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Crikey, what a rant!

Originally Posted by TheStigEA10
The President of the AUSTRALIAN & INTERNATIONAL PILOTS ASSOCIATION (AIPA) on Friday had 2 private meetings with Qantas management, after which both parties
agreed to put the Company offer to the membership vote.
This was done without AIPA Committee of Management knowledge or consent.
Committee members and the pilot body are furious.
Qantas doesn’t need AIPA’s agreement to put the offer to the membership for a vote. In fact it was Qantas telling AIPA that it’s going to a vote. The offer from Qantas appears to be better than what was previously advertised. If the President was able to secure those improvements then good on him.

If you think it’s a bad thing AIPA is being involved to ensure the drafting is appropriate then I’d be questioning your sanity. If you’re a COM member I’d also be questioning whether you’re upholding your mantra of serving the member’s interests.

Originally Posted by TheStigEA10

This strange and unprecedented behaviour from AIPA executives...
It’s ‘strange and unprecedented’ that the president of the union meets with the company at a critical stage of negotiations? I don’t think so.

Based on these two points alone it’s quite easy to see your completely unhinged view of the way things are going and Normanton has nailed beautifully the flawed logic behind your scenario in the event of a ‘no’ vote.

Look at the deal that is put in front of you when the time comes, decide if you think it’s good enough, weigh that against the threat of an external crewing agency, vote.