PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 1st Mar 2020, 07:05
PPSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AP3XS
Good luck getting $100k in your first year! Base pay is about $35k, maybe get another $3-$4k in per diems and good luck breaking guarantee on reserve at GoJet. The bonuses are not $85k anymore, they are down to about $51k. It's $10k at the end of IOE, $10k 6 months after that and then $6k at the end of year 1, $15k end of year 2 and a final $10k at the end of year 3. If you leave you're on the hook for the bonus you just got.

So with that all taken into account you'll get about $55k-$60k in year 1 before tax. When they said $100k that was when the bonus was $85k total and you were getting $60k in the first year, now it's down to $26k in the first year. Also they include things like per diems, hotels, 401k contributions and health insurance in that $100k. Tax rates are a lot lower and I would estimate based on the tax I had to pay last financial year in the US that you would take home about $40-$50k and then MAYBE get some back when you do your tax return in Jan/Feb.

For anyone interested the bonus at ExpressJet, it is now $22.5k - $10k in the first week of training and then $12.5k at the completion of IOE. If you leave in the first 12 months you have to pay 100% back and if you leave in months 13-24 you have to pay back 50%.

CommutAir is $22k bonus, paid I believe in the same way as ExpressJet but I'm not sure on the commitment/pay back rules.

All of these figures are accurate as of this week.

WOW thats news to me now! On their website I think they changed that 60k to 'March only' now so I think you are right. Well ever subsequent year the earnings will just go down then!!