PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cargo Hiring!!!! (merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2003, 16:11
Life as a journey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
freightdriver

you sound like a sensible fellow.

good luck, but i think sia cargo are going to screw you either way.

i have a mate there - mainline.

called him about my appl to sia cargo; yes, shocking but true, even i put one in.

the word from inside is not good, and i can assure you i am not crapping when i say, it isn't for me, what-ever they offer!

my man is at the very top of expat heaven in sia, and i have no reason to doubt him now, or question his motives in dispensing his solemn advice, after all these years.

that said, you go ahead and check it out.

one thing i am wary of with sia cargo is that if any of my other 5 potential job offers come home to roost, or, pray tell, my home country, home town, type-specific, Godsend newstart operation asks me to "come on down" from all these years in limbo, aka an un-named se asian country, I should have to decline their generous offer as my ass would be in a sling at sia.

("hmmm, singapore sling...that's funny.")

it's definitely something to think of, even though it may not apply to you, directly, at this point in your life.

bear in mind the empirical evidence available whereby sia has chased down 'runners' to the ends of the earth, at times.

before you even start, they fully intend to keep the bond/bank guarantee if you fail a check, or are chased out of town - through a check failure - if you dare go sick too many times/object to the workload/resist in any way.

so i guess it comes down to this:

if you can take the pain, they can take the shiit, as they happily ram their hairless knobs squarely up your ars.

this is a reality check, and i guess it doesn't sound that great.

nonetheless, it's not just rhetoric; it's real.

but hey, good luck buddy.

really.