PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CoVid-19 - what precautions can we take?
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2020, 15:04
xrayalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CoVid-19 - what precautions can we take?

With all the news on the latest coronavirus, I am concerned about the fear - and the impact on our business.

Note, my concern is the fear, not the actual virus. But to conquer the fear, we perhaps need to up our game on hygiene to what it really should be all year for things like flu and colds.

Also I don't want our flying school or airfield to be named and shamed as a "hotspot". So what can we do?

We already provide constant hot water for hand washing and disposable paper towels, as one would expect, but what else should we offer.

The biggest risk area I can see is trial flying lessons.

Aviation-specific risk items I can think of are snot on foam microphone windshields, bugs on shared cockpit items (i.e. flaps, control columns, brakes, radios, transponders etc) and general aircraft cleanliness such as panels, seats and doors. What else am I missing, and how does one mitigate?

Then there are the general things for any business like door handles, shaped pens, credit cards etc.

You may think I am being too cautious, but - as I say - even if it is just to conquer the sort of fear that has crippled the world's stock markets.....