PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2020, 10:27
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=AirportPlanner1;10698896]
Originally Posted by spacedog

Not necessarily...Moldova is not in the EU hence would be a beneficiary of a new policy that “opens us to the world” or whatever their slogan is. We need construction workers, we need medical staff to name two. Of course whether your average deluded hardline Brexiteer would be happy about Poles and Hungarians being replaced by Moldavians and Ukrainians is another matter
What industry and the UK needs to do is train up UK school leavers and young adults for the skills needed like we used to. When my son left school we spent 2 years trying to get him a meaningful apprenticeship before giving up. We even put him through a trade collage for the first year. Companies were not interested as they had an unlimited supply of cheap Eastern European labour that would undercut the locals so why bother spending money on training. Now those same companies are moaning about a potential lack of staff. I hope that UK people will be at the front of the queue for UK jobs and meaningful training. I guess that makes me a hard line ignorant Brexiter

Changing the subject Stansted has increased its drop off charge to an eye watering £5. This is the second increase in less than a year.

Last edited by LTNman; 29th Feb 2020 at 11:30.