PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Probe Heat ON before start-up
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2020, 01:27
megan

Received 394 Likes on 209 Posts
If a trainer or examiner tells me what I need to do, I will do it. If it is wrong then I can put his/her name to it
and
So it’s ok if you’re not happy with company SOPs to just change them and do something different because you think your chief pilot or company training department is wrong
If you believe something is amiss in procedures you do something about it. Flew in a private operation owned by a corporation with extremely, extremely deep pockets who produced their own takeoff charts for the extraction of V1 etc. Whoever worked up the data never took account of climb capability at V2, you could in fact find yourself in a substantial rate of descent. It took years for the organisation to address the issue, in the mean time guess what chart I used? Think the judge would give me a free pass if I screwed the pooch using the company chart? In God we trust, everyone else we verify.

Meikleour, so right you are. The point I was attempting to make is that everyone is fallible, the chief pilot, regulator, manufacturer etc etc and it is up to you to educate yourself if you believe something is amiss, and present it to those in authority. Of course it may be very well be that it is you who have the bull by the horns, but you'll be put on the straight and narrow and receive an education by raising your concerns.