PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 27th Feb 2020, 21:02
GF4RCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Want of a Nail

Originally Posted by umitatl
First it is applied for all parts in the company,not only for expats.It is absolutely far from ideal but apparently and unfortunately it is implemented so absolute truth is take it or leave it. No one is discriminating the third parties but for the ones who think that contract is devalued enormously are free to leave.
Not very constructive and your not doing the locals or Turkish Airlines any favors when you have that tone... regardless of what the situation is or if there is a surplus or a need for aircrews...... its part of the T.I.S (collective bargaining agreement) which is protected by the working laws of T. C Turkey. Ideally if there were a need for such drastic measure, it would of been appropriate to sit with the union delegates who represent ( subject if at all) crews and hammer out a negotiation.
at the end of the day a contract or agreement is legally binding so it can not be just a one way amendment.
the really issue is that if such occurrence keep happening then eventually aircrews are going to hit minimum wage because of your mindset people will be paying to fly (p2fly schemes) and that is not a very good image of a flag carrier to have..... from the tone you have, i imagine you have a very narrow field of view on how such things effect not only monetary terms but one performance and global image of the business itself.
if you really care about THY ( i do as an expat working for the company for 12 years+) then sacrifice half your salary wait lets put you on minimum wage without consulting you..
and you are right people are free to leave but don't think its so easy to relocate start conversion training and start at the bottom of the stack in seniority list....

just ember this

"For Want of a Nail"

For want of a nail, the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost. For want of a horse, the rider was lost. For want of a rider, the battle was lost. For want of a battle, the kingdom was lost, And all for the want of a horseshoe nail