PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2020, 10:31
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lfc84
According to the press reports earlier this month, they had enough cash until the end of the month.
So I would expect either revised press reports this weekend or funding
There is no need to add taxes to aviation to suppress demand, coronavirus is doing a good job of that already. Indeed adding taxes that may put airlines out of business would be very foolish politically even if it would look good on environmental grounds.

I am acting, I suspect, like other passengers. I am waiting to book a ticket to see whether they will be around after the end of the month.

There is no need for the partners to put money into flybe to support routes that they have no interest in. They have another airline that will take over the routes that they are actually interested in.

If they have enough cash to keep going until then, you can see budget day being the crunch date. Flybe can blame the decision to shut up shop on the government if they fail to make the changes to APD.

I have no inside knowledge in this instance, just my analysis. I, do of course, hope I am wrong because of all those potentially affected.