PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2020, 21:15
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can imagine FR will soon move in on ALC like they have with AGP.
IF Eastern were ever to come in with the 195's, then I can see FAO, IBZ, MAH, FCO and MXP being possibilities to utilise one aircraft. I can't see a base happening though so would have to see some interesting scheduling. Teeside are basically doing what CWL did with Flybe. Throwing money at the Airline in a desperate attempt to stimulate demand and growth.
Luckily CWL now have some stats to go to Eastern with and that info can also be shared by Flybe. Hopefully the routes were actually profitable, but we'll never know that. I wouldn't completely dismiss it, as BE wanted rid of the E-Jets but Eastern will be looking for ventures. CWL is tried and tested.

Also, interestingly the MME-ALC flights are on the E170, not the E195. There's talk of further European routes from MME, but MME-ALC is only 2x weekly, which is hardly any utilisation of the aircraft and there's 3 E195's on the way. There's certainly no demand for anything bigger than an E170 for private/sports charter work. So unless they are being chartered by a specific Tour Operator, they might well be going it alone on the European scheduled market. I'm sure I read somewhere that a Travel Agents in South Wales was possibly looking at running their own flights (Rumour of course)

Last edited by caaardiff; 26th Feb 2020 at 21:25.