PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Philippine Airlines (Second Officer)
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2020, 16:24
Jude Dominic Cosare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by newpielot

I think there is a lot to be said about the terms and conditions set for pilot jobs in The Philippines.
It seems to be consistent with opportunities as a whole. A lot of underemployed and unemployed.
I think the ones who choose to stay at home probably prioritize being around family, home and a culture that they are at one with.

Does anyone have any examples of this personally? Maybe shine a different light on this/uncover anything that might make the choice of staying or leaving apparent?

Will flying experience or work/life experience sway the view of having a university degree or not?

Revisiting this thread.

Yes this may very well be the case for some, as it is for myself. I've around 200hrs now working on a CPL in the states but gunning for a career in the PH. As quoted above, yes, personal reasons can be strong enough to make such a decision. Currently looking into this again because there's only a few months to go and I'd be done with the program and the job hunting would become serious.

A friend in one of our local airlines suggested I get a rating if able to help bolster the resume, on top of the training received from the USA which she also believes to be advantageous. The websites list down some requirements for the entry level pilot jobs; a lot of which I can't attain by just finishing the program I'm on. Nevertheless, she suggested I apply which is in line with what Ive gathered from other places where you hear about this guy and that guy getting in without meeting said listed req.s. Cebpac's cadets go through a very similar program to the one I'm in, around the same timeline and results in terms of hours and licenses. The difference being the cadets go straight into type rating training and flow into the airline.

Personally, I'd be sending the applications fresh out of school to see what they say. Best case, they say welcome aboard. Worst case, stay and work in the States an extra 1.5-2 years by which time's end no harm's been done to my qualifs. Here's to hoping!