PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tigerair fleet change to B737.
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2020, 08:16
QldPilotGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys and girls, i'm sorry but a rant is about to be issued so if you aren't interested hop of this ride.

Tiger Pilots & Crew were notified of this massive reduction via the general public ASX Half Yearly results. Many crew were in the air having departed pre-announcement and landed with 50 msgs on their phones telling them from other crew that they were all out of a job. This is AFTER the Virgin CEO personally stated that there would be NO Tiger base closures and no redundancy because Tiger was an integral part of the future Virgin Group framework. (in person on board the plane)
Why on earth would you make the announcement that you need to do route reviews and reduce your fleet size but instead of touching VA Mainline where ALL the losses have been occurring for the last decade, but THEN you axe the part of the company that has been producing profits and solid loads before the idiotic fleet transition occurred.
ARE YOU SERIOUS ! Why would you not reduce the VA Fleet by 10 aircraft and do a 1 for 1 replacement so that you can run Tiger as a single fleet airline and run it to its potential ? Or why would you not run 4 B737's out of both BNE and MEL so that you could still target the JQ part of the market ?
Tiger has literally only just checked to line the last hire and here VA are stepping in and culled 100 Pilots all trained and qualified on the A320 and they say that all options were looked at and this was the only way forward.

I have been a proud loyalist of the entire VA group and honestly thought with the new CEO stepping in and his plan of expanding Tiger that we were heading in the right direction, so much so that I invested in VA shares. How I was wrong, I can only hope that the Tiger A320 Pilot Group and Cabin Crew Group can find greener pastures where they aren't thrown away because it can help the mainline bottom line for a brief second and make people think they are doing better then they are.

Well Done Virgin, Investing in your staff as always !