PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 26th Feb 2020, 03:26
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Complaint One Industry Complaints Commissioner

Dear Mr Hanton,

Please accept my Complaint against Flight Operations Inspector, Mr XXXX XXXXX.

There can be no doubt that "Temporary Locations" have been a procedure in existence throughout my 25 years experience in the Industry. If CASA claim to refute that statement i draw your attention that;

1. CASA actually wrote the procedures on all AOCs for flying schools until approximately 2017.
  2. CASA mentioned Temporary locations in their own guidance material.
  3. APTAs manuals had a Temporary locations procedure that was put into our manuals on the suggestion of CASA.
  4. Those procedures were put into our manuals, approved by CASA, and in fact CASA approved those procedures for a number of our bases.
  5. CASA actually audited us on those procedures.
Please also refer to attached correspondence to Mr Craig Martin. I felt that my questions put to Mr Martin were fair and reasonable. I feel that by Mr Martin, choosing not to respond, he has clearly demonstrated a lack of integrity, and ethics. As he has consistently chosen not to respond, i have no option but to submit a complaint in the hope that it will force CASA to act with ethics and integrity by ensuring i am provided with a response.

I have attached previous correspondence that should provide all the information that you require. As this is a relatively minor request, my hope is that it could be attended to promptly.

The Complaint

In the meeting in CASA Offices (November 2018), Mr XXXX XXXXX clearly stated in front of me and two of my staff that;

"ive had legal advice that Temporary Locations were not intended for flying schools"

That is not a truthful statement, and coming from a background in the flight training industry, i feel he would have been aware of it at the time he made the statement. I feel he made the false statement to support his intended outcome of bringing harm to me and my business.

Expected Outcome

Therefore can you please advise if

CASA did provide legal advice to him that Temporary Locations were not intended for flying schools, or if the statement he made is not truthful.

If Mr XXXXX stands by his assertion could you identify who it was within CASA that provided him the "legal advice".

If Mr XXXXX asserts that he did not make that statement, please advise if 3 Statutory Declarations by me and my staff would be of any assistance.

Thankyou for your prompt attention to this matter.

Please be aware that i have included Mr Anthony Mathews (CASA Board Chairman) in on this correspondence, and also the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. In doing so, my hope is that i can ensure transparency and accountability going forward.

Thankyou, Glen Buckley