PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 25th Feb 2020, 23:38
LostWanderer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by beached az
Same boat with XJT.

CJO came through 15 minutes after the SKYPE interview mid Jan.
Still waiting for company support letter / LCA. just this morning got an email from recruiting saying hurry up & wait.
" I am still waiting on that from my legal department " All the E3s are in the same boat apparently.
The timing is ominous.
It's looking like it might be turning into a rough time for aviation in Australia and the US...Corona virus fears, tourism downturn, operators going out of business/failing to turn a profit, majors slowly cutting more of their flying - which also slows hiring - which also slows movement at the regionals...things can sure change fast.

With a few regionals now closing down and the majors consolidating flying to the rest happening it may take them awhile to figure out what they are needing to do staff wise. Quite a few guys out on the hunt for work now I'd imagine. It may take time but it will improve again!

On a side note, Im not sure who still is actively hiring Aussies but XJT is probably one of the safer bets when things start happening again.
GoJet I would potentially be a little wary of, they are part of TSH...the same parent company who run Compass and TSA...probably not the greatest odds of longer term survival statistically, but who knows.

My understanding is GoJet don't own most if not all of their jets so potentially could end up in another TSA situation where UA/DL can pull the planes at short notice and give them to another operator and force closure, which is exactly whats happened to Compass and TSA. Also keep in mind, a lot of these airlines will keep hiring and tell you how peachy things are right up until the moment they email everyone and announce they are shutting down...Obviously no one can predict the future and I hope everything works out for everyone but I'd tread carefully at the moment while things are somewhat uncertain.

Truly hoping the Aussies who are flying at TSA find work. I think there were quite a few of them from what I had heard...tough to have to start at the bottom of the seniority list again, especially when the pool of E3 operators is shrinking, a bunch of US citizens are on the market looking for a new gig and a potential flu epidemic on the doorstep.