PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 mess Sydney
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2020, 22:48
Ollie Onion

Received 218 Likes on 75 Posts
This is where you are wrong though, it add’s absolutely no stress to my day. If I go 20 minutes late due to my pre-flight briefing taking longer then so be it.

Captain Fathom, As to the question about the simulator or line check I find that I get more than enough reading done on long flights to mean that I don’t have to do anything outside of that. How much study do you have to do to pass a routine check? I have never studied at home and I have never had an issue passing a sim or route check.

Where did I say I drag my heels? I would say that it is your attitude that has lead to a degradation in everyone’s terms and conditions, an apparent willingness to ‘be flexible’ and ‘get the job done’ under the pretence of professionalism. I have never departed with out of date material either as I have a routine to check it at every sign on, perhaps if this crew had a sign on routine to update everything then this would’ve have happened.

Personally it annoys me when people turn up and say ‘I have looked at everything’, the whole point of the briefing is to discuss everything as a crew, not to have it all done prior to sign on knowing that you don’t actually have enough time. Doin* that means you may miss that something is out of date and comes across as dismissive of the other crew member if you have already made all the fuel decisions.

This was raised with management as the pilot group wanted some sort of compensation for the expectation of doing this stuff at home, we were told that the company provided wifi in the Crewroom and we could do it there if needed. That is fine by me and that is where I will do it, what other contractual clauses are you happy to be flexible with to help out the company who by their very actions have shown their distain for your role?

Last edited by Ollie Onion; 25th Feb 2020 at 22:57. Reason: Update