PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 25th Feb 2020, 20:39
beached az

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by plotplot
Could be right, Bafanguy. XJT has just released that they are putting 36 extra 145's to work this year, which will be coming straight from TSA. XJT is now also getting rid of their 175's and consolidating their fleet to only 145's. Which means retraining all of their 175 pilots (those of which want to stick around, a lot will no doubt leave to other operators who have 175's). Also, all those TSA pilots need to go somewhere. This could create a backlog in training and a slow down in new hires, particularly for E3's. I did my interview in mid-late January, and I've been waiting 6 weeks for my LCA, something that is only supposed to take 5-10 days. Recruiting keeps telling me to hang in there and that it's being held up by the gov't not signing off on the LCA and it's out of their hands, but the delay ties in very well with the release of this news. I could be wrong and it might come through once this settles, but those considering right now, I'd look at Gojet as your #1 for the moment. Also, PDT are not taking e3's.
Same boat with XJT.

CJO came through 15 minutes after the SKYPE interview mid Jan.
Still waiting for company support letter / LCA. just this morning got an email from recruiting saying hurry up & wait.
" I am still waiting on that from my legal department " All the E3s are in the same boat apparently.
The timing is ominous.