PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 job at Global Aviation Solutions?
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2003, 05:47
Stratocaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, I'll be more precise in my answers. Here's an example... Somewhere in my PC, there's an Excel file called "CTBcollectiveresume.xls". As the name says, it's the list of all the pilots who lost their job when CityBird (based in Brussels) went down the tubes. I don't know how many versions of this file have been emailed around the world (supposing they made updated versions of this collective resume, which would be a good idea), but I received only one file like that, dated "April 2002" (I don't know how close that was to the bankruptcy, but I guess only a few months). The email is indeed a very powerful tool to spread the news. Although there was nothing I could do for those poor guys at the time, I kept this file in case there was something I could do later on, and forwarded it to whoever could help them.

There are roughly 180 names on the list. All type rated and current on either 737, 767, A300 or MD11. Pilots with a flying experience ranging from 600 to 20000 hours (not all of them provided this particular info). Next to their name, you can find some personnal info (license, experience, age, ratings, etc.). You can also see if at that time they had found a new job, and if yes, with whom.

- 25% were still without a job.
- 25% found a job with a Belgian operator
- 18% found a job in a neighbouring country (UK, Netherlands, Germany, France, Luxembourg)
- 21% found a job in the rest of Europe
- 11% left Europe and were flying in Africa, SE Asia or the Middle East.

Which means that two thirds of those who found a job left their country. Two thirds of those who left their country were not based in a neighbouring country...

This file, and a few other things not as precise as this counting, make me believe that pilots are ready to go far away to keep on flying.

Good luck to all.