PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2020, 10:19
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don’t think twice about it ..., it’s a fabulous machine !!! I was going to sell mine but have really fallen in love with it now . Couple of small issues early on with engine which were all sorted FOC by Saffran . Only thing I know of is it is v important to not overfill the oil on the engine . You must check the level straight after flight and not when cold . I would say if in doubt don’t mess with the oil as these engines actually run better on slightly low oil and if you have to add oil within 25 hrs you have a leak !
my annual and 6 month inspections cost nothing ( under £1k for 6 month ) . The C of G issues are being dealt with my a pilot approved system where you can change the weights on the tail depending on what you are doing ..... but like moving the battery on the Enstrom I think . Mine is currently at Wycombe and i now have three pilots with hour blocks and plenty of type ratings to be done .
It is a very easy helicopter to fly which autorotates like a glider and doesn’t seem to have any vices so perfect for SFH . And funnily enough , after all the talk of being ugly , I have found most people think it’s beautiful 😍
I really can’t think of any serious competition that it has in the price range for a proper helicopter . ( ie not a Robinson )
And no ... mine is not for sale even at a profit !!