PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Debris Found in Undelivered 737MAx FUEL TANKS
Old 24th Feb 2020, 13:22
redparrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil man left in aircraft fuel tank !!!

Hello from Mississauga Ontario Canada

When I started work for a large Canadian airline I was told to help a fuel tank sealer I was told to sit on the wing and act as a safety guard to watch the tank sealer working inside the wing fuel tank. The team leader told me not to let the tank sealer out of my sight and warned me that I could get fired if I left my post.

Later the tank sealer told me that a tank sealer had been found dead inside a DC-8 fuel tank upon arrival at an airport in the UK. When the DC-8 arrived it had a snag for an inboard wing fuel pump fail and when they went to change the pump it was very hard to remove and they found the pump jammed with white coverall cloth It was from the coveralls of the tank sealer. They speculated he had passed out in the tank, went unnoticed , and the next shift closed up the aircraft and it left for the flight to the UK. Only then was it discovered that they had a man missing in YUL.

A very sad story and I never found out if the story was true but several coworkers told me to drop any questions about the sad death