PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE easyJet MPL 2020
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2020, 10:51
sms8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also a bit older maths wasn't really my strong point either, I'd say the advice to do the symbiotics tests is good it'll show you exactly the kind of questions you will have,but they cost ! tips: focus on being really fast with division/long division (simplifying fractions to help make the problems easier), multiplication/long multiplication, and using S=D/T (plus fuel burn) and working with converting mins to hours and vice versa , also there will be a usually fairly simple pythagoras question but can be worded confusingly so know this and your square numbers by heart, there will also be bearing questions, off the top of my head that is the foundation for maths... you will have 30 mins for this test and for me it always ends up being tight!

latest pilot jobs helps with speeding up your maths I didn't feel the physics was great myself, the ball test (reverse z axis) fight test (to some extent) and fast test are helpful, if your ok on sims the flight test should be fairly easy just pay attention, the CAE oxford prep software is very good and will give you nearly all the physics info you will need with the exception of gas laws. there's also another website called how2become which has many speed distance time and fuel burn questions some of these are definitely calculator so don't stress if you can't complete the harder ones within the time, but it's all good practice.

Now, you say you have two weeks, I'm not entirely sure how proficient you really are but I'd say that's a hell of a challenge to start doing this and pass the 'easyjet mpl' which is tougher than the atpl. if you fail on anyone one of the modules then I think that disqualifies you from the program and then white tail atpl is the only road and you will need to wait at least 3 months if any of the modules where below threshold for that also, I'm not entirely sure but I think you may be able to retest in 6 months for easyjet, so before you go consider all this I would delay if your not feeling reasonably confident or don't mind a wait!

good luck