PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cargo Hiring!!!! (merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2003, 03:32
freightdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents...

Please don't get me wrong, just because I am going to apply that I will risk everything for the sake of getting a 747-400 type on my license...and no I don't need a new toy.

If they do make an offer, I will study it with care and make a decision based on the offer put on the table. Yes I agree with everyone that there are better companies out there to work for, incl. CAL so if you work there PM me and I will give you my details so you could ask someone in the HRD why they have not reply to my application.

YOu are right Singapore is not cheap, but keep in mind living in Jakarta the past 1.5 years I can adjut my living standards a bit...

like apt: sin$ 2200 (furnished) fernwood terrace off the ECP, nice neighbourhood...
Kids are 4 y/o and an a baby...the local school system is based on the U.K. system (high standard) and transferable to the U.S. and any countries in the region.

Yes I am very concern about the treatment of local and expat pilots during and post SARS, and it may be the one reason I will not take the offer of employment but like I said..I still would like to try and see what they are offering (contract terms etc.) unless someone is willing to share a copy of a recent SIA CARGO terms and condition.

Again I am still keepin my options open and I am quite happy at my present situation, but like other pilots before me I like to move on to better and bigger things (equipment and salary)...One of the purpose of this site is to exchange useful information (a bit of gossip) and for me to field test what seem to be a good idea in my head at the time...