PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kobe Bryant killed in S76 crash
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2020, 17:00
SandBlaster214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I happened to stumble across this short clip a few days ago. I tried to page back to see if I was posting a redundant link and couldn't locate it, so here goes. Personally, I thought it was rather well spoken and, although it doesn't bring any real "new" discussion points to the thread, it does bring out a few new talking points regarding current industry standards vs. type of operation and a few thought provoking analogies and other comparisons that point toward this accident. Like several others here, I've been flying these things for a while (45+ years), and I've worked both sides; "line" pilot and "Kool-Aid" drinking "manager" pilot and from my seat, find this thread has quite a bit of excellent commentary on the accident, speculation/ supposition of cause and effect, as well as educational commentaries aimed at future risk mitigation and avoidance.

I hope we can keep the thread alive for those safety/ educational considerations it has and hopefully will continue to generate. Look, I'm just an old West Texas ****-kicker and probably not smart enough to enter into the actual foray, as compared to a lot of folks here, but if this ongoing discussion causes one pilot to take note and re-analyze his current or planned situation so to avoid such an outcome, that's our end goal. I glad to see it's been re-opened and I say; "let's keep 'er going". Y'all please, be safe.