PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Safety Australia article - duff gen
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 12:38
B-757

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Centaurus
Latest issue of Flight Safety Australia has an article on stall recoveries. The author (qualifications not published) says ailerons must be held neutral and only rudder should be used to level the wings as part of the recovery from a wing drop at point of stall.
..This issue is one, that I hear students always arguing about..Such as ``does power control altitude and pitch airspeed`` (or vice versa), or , ``after engine failure at 300ft (single engine), yes it is safe to turn back for the runway``..

..In my 3 decades as a flight instructor, I have been lucky enough not to witness any serious accidents, but unfortunately, have lost several colleques to them..1 to VMC-roll after an engine failed in a twin, 1 attempted a turn back after engine trouble in a single-engine plane, 1 broke both wings off his plane during a training flight, just to mention some..All these were in situations, that we train for, but for some reason the outcome was what is was..

..Now to the point..To my knowledge, there is only one way to recover from a stall, in any kind of an airplane..If you know another way, feel free to explain..As flight instructors, we try our best to teach our students, to avoid stalls (and other mistakes), especially when you are down at low altitude..Thatīs because you may only get one chance, if any, to regain control of the plane..

How to recover from a stall ??..I think you know the answer..

Fly safe,
B-757