PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ten fatalities in 9 weeks?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 11:40
exfocx

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
lololol Looks like we're both wrong.

Originally Posted by Lookleft
I will type this slowly exfocx so you understand what I wrote. Monday the 10th Ansett was put into administration, it kept operating. Wednesday Sept 12 in Oz the twin towers were hit. Thursday Sept 13 Ansett was still operating (my logbook shows me flying on that day). My last call to crewing was on Thursday night and I quote, "Trevor Jensen said we were going to trade our way out of trouble". Friday Sept. 14 Ansett stops operating as the administrators (who was Price Waterhouse at that stage) realised that there was no future for an airline in need of a new owner. If you still have difficulty with accepting my timeline and PM me so that we don't take this thread any further down the rabbit hole.
Quote: "Quickly running out of both lines of credit and options, Air New Zealand on 12 September 2001 placed the Ansett group of companies into voluntary administration with PriceWaterhouseCoopers. On 14 September, the administrator determined that Ansett was not viable to continue operations (primarily due to the apparent lack of any funds to cover fuel, catering or employee wages) and grounded the fleets of Ansett and its subsidiaries Hazelton Airlines, Kendell, Skywest and Aeropelican. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansett_Australia