PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ten fatalities in 9 weeks?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 11:29
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
No, I was overnighting in ADL the morning (SA time) the towers went down, I woke up and put the news on (very early morning am) to see the 2nd tower go down. We (the crew) gathered in the lobby as we checked out (ADL Hilton) and talked about it! I was crewing an AN A320 flt that morning, so I'm pretty bloody certain that we were still operating and that no one had forgotten to tell us! We did four sectors that day.

As to whether or not it was ANZ (they owned us) or AN management itself is really irrelevant, the AOC was not canned by CASA over the 767 landing gear. issue.

Edit: Wed was the 12th Sept (11th US time), Friday was the 8th (Oz time) and AN was still operating; sorry, but your memory is incorrect. My log book has me flying on the 11th (which was the night I o/n in ADL) and the 12th (the morning of 911 Oz time). Next flight was after the 2 Marks took over on the 13th of Oct.

If my memory is correct I believe the last day was 2 days after 911 (14th of Sept).
I will type this slowly exfocx so you understand what I wrote. Monday the 10th Ansett was put into administration, it kept operating. Wednesday Sept 12 in Oz the twin towers were hit. Thursday Sept 13 Ansett was still operating (my logbook shows me flying on that day). My last call to crewing was on Thursday night and I quote, "Trevor Jensen said we were going to trade our way out of trouble". Friday Sept. 14 Ansett stops operating as the administrators (who was Price Waterhouse at that stage) realised that there was no future for an airline in need of a new owner. If you still have difficulty with accepting my timeline and PM me so that we don't take this thread any further down the rabbit hole.