PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Bell testing a multi-fenestron?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 06:53
Arnie Madsen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(To my surprise) I like the looks of it .... and if they mold it in composites it could look even better .... also very slender from a rear-view compared to the original 4-blade TR which uses 2 sets of blades stacked side-by-side (pic below).

And to be able to stop the TR on the ground would be an advantage .... as well as a good sales and marketing tool for Bell to promote "safety" for passenger operations ..... very often people who sign those big helicopter checks are themselves not pilots so advertising safety to them has more sizzle than technical stuff .

Wish we knew the volts the electric motors require ..... if the same as the standard Bell starter-generator-battery it would simplify everything .... and if needed , they could simply mount an extra generator on the TR output quill on the main transmission ..... and for redundancy a larger battery

Just thinking out loud .... and in my opinion the whole electric TR system would be much simpler and dependable .... it is very rare for industrial electric generators or motors to fail.