PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ten fatalities in 9 weeks?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 02:05
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Look left, I used capitals because I was speculating (IF....MAY). I am well aware that we are referring to three accidents and agree with Mr. Glass that they are unrelated coincidences.

What I am stating is that a meltdown of the regulatory system will look exactly like an ever increasing random series of unrelated accidents or incidents- all individually explainable on their own, until one day we have the proverbial big smoking hole and a subsequent analysis determines that there are multiple failures everywhere in the system to the point where it no longer has any integrity.

To put that another way, the damage to the system is slow, random and consists of many small failures...but it’s cumulative.

That may be stating the bleeding obvious to some of you. I challenged Twoomey on ABC talkback radio about the significance of the Ansett B767 grounding and got a flat out abusive denial. Five days later they were out of business.

I believe there may be tell tale signs that we are in trouble and CASA is in unrecoverable decline. The regulatory actions and behaviors of CASA do not look anything like consistent nor part of a long term strategic plan for the good of the Australian economy. It’s nothing personal about CASA, I wish they were succeeding, but I don’t think they are. We need a forward thinking efficient and effective regulator, we all lose if we don’t have one.