PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-2
Thread: Isle of Man-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2020, 20:06
Haven't a clue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Either the Loganair ATR is plumb unlucky or LCY ops are working against it.

May be wrong but often it lands at LCY and only manages to depart some 90 mins later. Stands 13/14 (the bus to gates) typically allocated for the morning rotation always create delays regardless of aircraft type, but this slow turnaround time seems to occur even when on stands 21-24 when no bus is required. The strong westerlies don't help - I've watched it heading south at 320kts only to return at sub 220kts; LCY I guess anticipate the early arrival and thus delay the departure ex IOM, but inevitably the afternoon rotation then returns an hour late with the inevitable extension required to get the evening flight back home. And tonights return is cancelled, not an ATR crosswind issue as the Stobart MAN and LPL for FlyBe are operating.

Thus far I've been lucky and found myself on the Saab both out and back.

A poster a while back said the introduction of the Saab to this route took a while to settle down (I must have missed that as my recollection was the Loganair aircraft had a much better reliability record the the Eastern airframe). All I can say is that as a frequent user of the LCY service I have yet to fly on the ATR and am actively picking flights operated by the Saab, But the Saab will go soon. So do I stay loyal to BA (LCY is the most convenient London airport for me) or do I move to U2 which is significantly cheaper but happily cancels if the wind looks like strengthening or French ATC so much as hint at strike action.

Be interested to hear what really is causing the delays; thus far unimpressed!