PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasons for NOT doing SLS - please add yours
Old 21st Feb 2020, 09:27
unitedabx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The outburst by the DFO on Yammar yesterday shows what pressure he is under to secure his annual bonus. It doesn't look good that all the other department heads have secured over 80% sign up to SLS and it is noticeable that even the GMA can't boast a 100% return.
What seems to be totally misunderstood ( but more likely ignored ) by senior management is that there is absolutely no trust in senior management by the CX pilot body.
So the DFO could tell me it's Friday afternoon and I wouldn't believe him. It's that simple. CEO doesn't get it and actually he's not interested. He has his shareholders to satisfy and they will get their dividend end of March no matter what and then he gets his bonus. GMA doesn't get it and is pleading "not on my watch" for the transgressions of his predecessors and his bonus is less secure this year and his accent to DFO in jeopardy. Conveniently they jump from Cathay Group to CX to KA, whichever suits their story at the time. If they want to save money, ground KA and let CX do all the work. If they want to make money, fly the pax with the A350's, ground the A330's and let the 777's supplement the freight operation in and out of China. Other carriers like Cargolux are charging 400% markups to take components to USA and Europe while CX stands still. If you want to save money, stop all base training. If you want to save money retire the many hangers on in engineering/stores/admin who are over 60 and retained on special consultancy deals. If you want to save money let your part time sim instructors go. Cashflow is critical we are being told. Really, are we still paying USD6 per can of Coke ? Of course we are because it's to a Swire company. Senior management has cried wolf once too often and when it really counts, when the house might really be falling down their cries are now lost in the wind.

OH, I just checked it is Friday.