PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2020, 00:40
LostWanderer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Joker89
Regardless on the technical details if pilot recruitment has or has not been suspended the reality is that the current situation is a giant pause button on the industry at best.

Those without a job now are in a precious position as I do not think many if any airlines will be recruiting in the next 6 months or until the virus has blown over and forward booking recover.
For the sake of everyone at every airline here, lets hope for this does all blow over quickly...but realistically, even once the virus is eventually deemed "contained/cured/controlled" its going to be a long time before John and Jenny Citizen decide they want to start heading back to the Asia region again in numbers even remotely close as they previously were.

I think this entire year is going to pretty much be a write off for pilot recruitment and travel and early to mid or even late next year - in a best case scenario - it will maybe start to slowly rebound. And that is assuming the virus is contained and a vaccine is even available in the near future. I believe things in the industry are unfortunately going to get worse before they get better. But it will eventually bounce back.

Fear is a very powerful thing and there is plenty of that out there for anyone who cares to watch the news.