PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2020, 12:36
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don’t oppose the airport, never have done. Not a nimby either. What you don’t like are the plain facts of my post because it isn’t your view which is fair enough. It would be better for you to pull apart my argument with counter points and debate rather than make pointless posts because you haven’t the ability to challenge what I say.

I see Luton’s council tax is increasing by the maximum 4% allowed due to a shortfall caused by airport income now being diverted to pay interest payments on airport debts associated with expansion. I am sure you won’t mind paying the extra. If anyone thinks I am wrong then challenge me and I will link you to the council finance report that spells it out. This is the report the council hoped residents would not read but they were predicting trouble a year or two ago.

The dual carriageway for T2 is being funded by the council directly where they admit they cannot afford it and that project will have to be funded by council cutbacks. This is why this road still hasn’t been approved by councillors despite it getting planning permission a year ago to serve a business park where they forgot to mention that it would also need to serve the new terminal to make it viable.

Last edited by LTNman; 20th Feb 2020 at 13:35.