PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 20th Feb 2020, 06:53
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Mr approach

Very appreciative of your interest, involvement and effort.

Interestingly there was never any safety argument at all, and the previous Executive manager (since departed CASA ) made that very clear. His exact words.

"there are two types of risk, safety risk and regulatory risk, on this matter there is NO safety risk".

You may recall that i had a change of CASA oversighting team from CMT 2 to CMT 3. I had been under a capable, professional and well intentioned CMT 2 for many years.

Shortly after i completed the Transition to the new Part 141/142 structure i was changed to CMT 3.

I immediately requested a ONE on ONE ON THE RECORD meeting with the Region Manager at the time and raised my concerns about an individual on CMT 3.

It was that individual that initiated the action, and that was said to me by the Region Manager (who has also left CASA).

Nevertheless, i will look at the link that you sent through. Cheers. Glen.

I think this whole issue was personality based and had nothing to do with safety or compliance, after all, i had just spent two years working side by side debveloping the APTA model with CASA. Had it approved, audited and in fact a number of members joined APTA on CASA suggestions, as they will testify.