PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident Near Mangalore Airport - Possibly 2 Aircraft down
Old 20th Feb 2020, 06:50
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Forget the Rubber Ducks and associates above. They pop up for their sad attempted relevance in these sorts of discussions on a regular basis.

I’m as concerned as you are. But I have little faith in the time it’s going to take to get an answer. 30 Day/12 Month Investigation should be mandated in such series cases. Common in the USA, and even some deprived Asian neighbours. 30 Day Prelim report. Full Report at 12 months. If things are dragging on they pump in more resources to get it done. When these sort of events happen, they are also very quick with the media and public around this. See you in 30 days.

Others adhere to these timeframes because they have solid resources behind the investigations. There is no extensions, the times are the times. We get the answers.

I have recently been involved in a report dating back 5 years. We provided all the details and interviews etc 5 years ago. Between my machine and the other guy it was 500 odd pax between us, so fairly important I thought. We heard nothing until 5 years later when started sending nasty emails to them after ongoing excuses of delays due to no logical reason. The reason appears to be they have no staff. My employer also got nothing. What really got me was they had a estimated time of completion, yet that time had passed by 10 months. The end result was beyond laughable. Nobody learnt anything aside myself and my FO, we came to our own common sense conclusion, but the other guy who stuffed up learnt sweet all and still buzzes around us today.

Expect a report in the year 2022.

Last edited by PoppaJo; 20th Feb 2020 at 07:01.