PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 19th Feb 2020, 21:55
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Ping Pong

Dear Mr Craig Martin, CASA Executive Manager Regulatory Services and Surveillance

I acknowledge receipt of your email dated 20/02/20 where you stated,

"Dear Mr Buckley

CASA has corresponded with you at significant length regarding your various concerns about the manner in which CASA dealt with applications by APTA for regulatory permissions under the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.

As we have noted previously, given that you have now chosen to refer some of those concerns to the Commonwealth Ombudsman, CASA does not propose to engage in further correspondence with you directly in relation to any matters concerning its dealings with you or APTA. CASA will instead, liaise with the Ombudsman to provide him with any information or further evidence he reasonably considers that he needs in order to deal with your complaint.

Sincerely

Craig Martin

Executive Manager

Regulatory Services & Surveillance

Aviation Group | CASA"

I have also received today the following email from Mr Michael Buss, the Assistant Director of Investigations at the Commonwealth Ombudsman's Office.

"Dear Mr Buckley

Thank you for your inquiry about further complaints to this Office.

The complaint I am now dealing with is to do with CASAs actions leading to Mr McHeyzer’s approach to your former employer. It was accepted by this Office as the Industry Complaints Commissioner appears to have been unable to resolve the matter.

It is our preference that the agency involved first attempts to resolve a disagreement. If you have received final outcomes from your approaches to CASA then we would be prepared to consider if the matters should be investigated.

Yours sincerely

Michael Buss

Assistant Director of Investigations

COMMONWEALTH OMBUDSMAN"

I am very much of the opinion that CASA has diligently thwarted my attempts at resolving this matter. I am also of the opinion that in fact the appropriate organisation to resolve this matter is in fact the CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner, as it is CASA who will have the most efficient and effective access to the required material, in order to arrive at a fair outcome.

For that reason, i intend to proceed with directing my requests to CASA directly, and specifically to the CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner. For clarity, there is only one complaint lodged with the Ombudsman's Office and that is the complaint regarding the direction by Mr Jason Mc Heyzer that my continuing employment was "untenable"

I will proceed with directing my other allegations directly to the ICC. If this approach is not acceptable to you, could you please identify that to both myself, and to the Commonwealth Ombudsman's office so that we can move forward in the most efficient manner.

Thankyou for your consideration, respectfully, Glen Buckley
ReplyReply to allForward