PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lack of PIC time for CPL-A
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2020, 18:51
palegreendot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lack of PIC time for CPL-A

Hi everyone,
I am trying to convert my ICAO CPL to Canadian CPL. In our country it is allowed to log both PIC and Dual recieved when acting as a pilot-in-command and getting flight instructions from a CFI, provided that he doesn't touch flight controls.
As far as I got from Transport Canada, only one person on board may log PIC time, in my case, a CFI. So, I am missing ~50 PIC hours to achieve enough experience for CPL-A. Also,

421.30 Aeroplanes - Requirements

(ii) following the issuance of a private pilot licence — aeroplane by Canada or another contracting state, have completed 65 hours of commercial pilot flight training in aeroplanes consisting of a minimum of:
(B) 30 hours solo flight time including:
  • (I) ...a cross-country flight to a point of a minimum of 300 nautical mile radius from the point of departure and shall include a minimum of 3 landings at points other than that of departure; and
  • (II) 5 hours solo flight time by night during which a minimum of 10 takeoffs, circuits and landings were completed.
...these conditions are not met. Can I just get a Foreign License Validation Certificate, go to a Canadian flight school and fly that 50 hours PIC+some night circuits and a cross country flight landing at 3 different airports?
Would TC consider that flight experience as a part of commercial flight training?

Thanks.