PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE easyJet MPL 2020
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2020, 16:57
LessThanSte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took the test on Monday. Thought it wasnt too tricky and wasnt designed to catch people out. ManFlex40 summarises well, but a couple of observations from me;
  • Symbiotics mock tests were by far the best demonstration of the Maths and Physics tests. Same style of questions, same genre, same time etc. I'd thoroughly recommend. I see no reason why i would not have gotten 100% on these unless i did something daft like not reading the question. All relevant formulae given, plus 2 or 3 questions theory questions.
  • Cognitive ability wasnt too extreme, didnt do the mock test for that but expect it would have been as above. In any event, my impression was that i got everything correct with plenty of time to spare.
  • FAST - first time was tricky, second time i thought was much simpler (its the same test twice!). Thought it went well, particularly the second attempt.
  • Ball - thought this was fine, though had what felt like it might have been an issue with the joystick flickering (like when you unplug and then replace a device on a pc). On a couple of occasions the ball darted off to the extreme edge of the circle but even with full twist (in the correct direction) took an eternity (~10 seconds) to move it back to the middle.
  • Fixed Wing - relatively simple, though the waypoints didnt appear to align with the headings given - hence do you follow the heading or aim at the waypoint? The airfield was large (there appeared to be 2 runways), so hard to tell at what point you were over it.
All of the above said, i got an email today offering me the ATPL rather than the MPL - which is good but also not what i was aiming at. I'd like feedback to confirm which of the above didnt go so well.

Hope that helps