PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Frequency Boundaries continued.
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2003, 20:40
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is plenty of IFR traffic - international & domestic, pax & freight, MIL & CIV - which often traverses Class G while on descent (or climbout) under radar control

under radar control I don't think you fully appreciate those 3 little words (especially in the aus context). Furthermore, how can you be under "Radar Control" in class G? The fact is the airspace is not class G, it is just called that in GB (as I'm sure you're fully aware, GB has a unique, non-ICAO airspace system. Better not let Dick Smith find out). Renders your 'comparison' somewhat void.
point is that universal Class A, B, C, D protection for all IFR into/out of all airports is not the norm, so I think this makes your apparent argument that such-like is "must have" a tough one to persuade some of us outside of Australia about.
Radar coverage, radar coverage, radar coverage. Aus is not like the rest of the world, which is why unique procedures have developed. The argument that because they are unique, they are bad is spurious (case in point- unique UK procedures).
I didn't say there are holds in Class E (did I..!)
But there will be in oz (as well as parachute jumping!)
for example, the LARS services (which are very good and should be used when possible)
Not available in oz. Do you think it's wise to have VFR's doing their own thing amongst IFR's who are not receiving LARS? Don't you agree that it would be nice for low time pilots such as myself to have that facility available? (might even encourage more GA). What is so wrong with the oz system that we are moving to exclude VFR? The US FAA aknowledges that an inclusive system is better.
A hidden feature that will eventually be sprung upon the industry is the removal of all service in G (true G). This is where this is going. The ARG don't have the balls to come out and say so, but that is where the 'end state' will be.

All these 'stages' just bricks in the road.......

I'm off to Iftar buffet (Ramadan does have it's advantages). Ma Salama.

Last edited by ferris; 16th Nov 2003 at 20:55.