PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Aircraft on Localizer
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2020, 21:44
M Invernoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple Aircraft on Localizer

Hello everyone:

Talking to one of my parters both of us got in the question about Multiple aircraft stablished on the ILS.
I Know vectoring to the LOC can be done in Radar Control airspaces and the minimums can be reduced in sequence, but the real question goes beyond that. Itīs more technical. about the ILS equipment itself. What about the interference of the ILS signal? This signal will reflect on the first plane and this will interfere to the second one and give him untrusted or unreliable readings?
In procedural control one aircraft may approach at
any one time, But letīs suppose an airport in VMC conditions where the aircrafts are in visual contact by the TWR but they still doing the ILS procedure. The signal will be unreliable for the second aircraft? or lets put another scenery where in VMC one IFR aircraft is on the ILS with 5100 feet,15NM from touchdown and a VFR aircraft is crossing from left to right with 2000 feet 5 miles ahead. The chart waypoint at 10NM out states the aircraft must have 3700 feet and here is the big one. The VFR aircraft will not be on the approach path of the IFR one but......The VFR aircraft makes any interefence on the ILS signal to the IFR one? does the signal get weak? unreliable? hope to be clear on the examples and questions, my english is a little rusty.