PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luxair F50 Crash: Pilot's Fault
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2003, 20:03
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angel

411A my congratulations, when you comment on something you always manage to atract dozen of responses on a different issue.

Good luck with your copy of flying tigers, I'll be happy to jumpseat with you once the TSA relaxes its rules.

Now back to the topic, I agree management cannot put a check pilot behind every pilot, but if they ****ed up that big ( still to be proven BTW) then something is wrong with either the training , but surely with the profeciency checking mechanism wouldn't you say ?

Reading the annexes, and the CVR transcript ( at least this is not biased normally ) the key issues are laying in analysing the noises between 09.05.17 and 09.05 .25 when the capt says : " What is that ?" followed by the usual " Oh **** ! " just prior the end of the recording.

Do you believe that 2 pilots switched their 2 engines out on purpose or knowingly in that portion of the flight ?
If they did not, then we better find out what happenned and advertise it around to make sure no-one makes the same sequence of inputs in the future.