PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2020: Dutch ATC legally threatens public media after EHAM runway blunder revealed.
Old 17th Feb 2020, 18:14
OldnGrounded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by His dudeness
I´m a pilot too and I mind "it". Have journalists taped and broadcasted all over the internet during their work.

If and when THIS happens, quid pro quo, put "us" up the internet. (and yes, I´m aware of the reality, thanks)

To investigate issues in aviation, we do not need the press up front, we need the procedures we already have.
Journalists' work is all over the Internet, and the airwaves, and in print. That's pretty much the nature of their work. Their private and internal communications are not.

Neither are the private and internal communications of pilots and controllers floating around in the public sphere. What is said in cockpits, towers and other ATC facilities isn't published or broadcast (well, except when accidents result in CVR transcripts being, at least partially, released).

I'm having a bit of a difficult time imagining what some people are saying to ATC that they feel a need to keep secret from the public. I must not have been listening to the interesting frequencies.

Last edited by OldnGrounded; 17th Feb 2020 at 22:05. Reason: "least," not "leased" Did my brain do that, or was it autocorrect?