PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 17th Feb 2020, 10:55
Lemayian Emmanuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bravo111
Realized that this site might be neglected soon as a lot is going on in the Whatsapp group(s).

To carry on the tradition, let me update you guys on what has been going on.
Aptitude interviews started on Monday (10th) and has been going on since today (14th) except Tuesday as it was a holiday. As per the available information, this will go on next Monday 17th and the other Monday (24th).
Let me forward messages posted by the caring members in the whatsapp group. (Note that I do not entirely own these messages, I am just forwarding them here to help the future generation)

Message 1:
For the guys going in tomorrow and subsequent days. This is what i am able to remember from todays test.
So just as posted earlier in this group. Exams ni 5.
*1. Matrices(sio the normal matrices umezoea)*- ni basically completing patterns. The deal is you gotta have an eye for detail and be super fast. Test takes 15 minutes and you have 30 questions to answer.
*2. Maths*- this has 2 sections(you're supposed to do sec 1 then followed by 2 in that order) - section one ni relatively cheap(just basic high school maths(quadratics kiasi, making a number subject, simultaneous equation moja, speed-distance and time problems etc.) then second section is purely relative speed(the question are basically about speeds za aircraft after covering a certain number of miles at a given speed. Two a/cs in different directions, at what point will they meet. This section is the math word problems case. Ensure you learn how to understand the questions fast and extract the need info and calculate the answer. Always remember time is limited. Usispend time mob on one question kama mimi instead do those that are easy and you're sure utapata marks. For every wrong answer unakua deducted marks.
*3. General science(physics and chem)*. The questions asked are also pretty simple but highschool stuff. If possible pitia some highschool notes. But ni vitu kama finding resistance in a simple circuit, electrolyte in a danielle cell, honestly can't remember some of the other questions. Time is of essence too, practice on your speed and accuracy.
*4. Mechanical reasoning.* - these are basically pulley systems, gears and levers. Hapa siwezi kupea sample question because zote ni diagrams. But go online, find mechanical reasoning pdfs, practise and practise and practise. I found lots of similarities between the MR on pdfs that i went through and the questions that were asked. The concept is the same.
*5. - Instruments* - here you are basically assuming that you're a pilot and you should read the analog kind of instruments in a cockpit. These are (Horizontal indicator, Airspeed indicator, Altimeter, Turn and slip indicator(indicates if one is gaining of losing altitude and at what rate, if am not wrong) Rate of climb indicator(one that shows level flight, climb and dive, also shows the Bank angle and direction) Compass(normal one)).
So in the first section yenye iko na 15 questions, utapata hizo 6 instruments and you're to read them and extract the correct information.
Part 2 of this test you're given a HI and a compass with readings on them(you are supposed to derive the state of the aircraft(i.e. kama inaclimb, dive ama iko level flight, kama inabank and which direction and the direction which its headed to. Note that you are assuming you're inside the cockpit and you're supposed to do the reading then determine the corresponding picture that shows the that aircraft.
Here you have 60 questions to answer in 30mins. You have to be accurate and first. (I think i heard some deftec guy say this has some weight since its more or less like what the pilot does in the cockpit.)
Please prepare widely and ace this thing.

Message 2
So friends, I went for the aptitude today. It wasn't a walk in the park for me as I honestly had forgotten many things from high school. Those going or preparing, I urge you to pick up any chem form 2 material and go through salts, acids and electrolysis. The physics bit is what was⁩ shared here. For Mechanical reasoning, just google mech reasoning practice tests and whatever you see there that will be it. Graphical images are presented and questions asked. Pulleys, levers, gears etc. For instrumentation, we all were confused to a great extent but hope we did enough. I do understand those who dint share much here after the interviews. I hardly recall anything. Everything went so fast and at the end of it, the little optimism I had fizzled away. As someone said here, whats meant to be will be. All the best to those going. Make sure to carry original docs!
All the best everyone and those applying in future
Hi Bravo111

Thanks for this useful piece of info and good luck to you. I also applied for the program and the only communication I got from the company was a request to submit docs for verification. That was in the first week of Feb. I take it they’re inviting applicants for interviews in groups?
How many stages of interviews are there?