PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Craft Beers and Veterans
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2020, 12:49
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
Craft Beers and Veterans

I ran across this a few minutes ago and immediately had to add this Brewery to my list of "Must Visit" places here in my home State of North Carolina.

Old Armor is in the town of Kannapolis just north of Charlotte.....and is just getting going. Some of their tables have old Huey Helicopter Main Rotor Blades as a bit of enhanced ambiance. The names of their Beers are interesting and the "Pay It Forward Board" is a really nice concept.

In the town of Winston-Salem there is a Bar called "Kelly Days" that started a few years back by a married couple who were Captains on the local Fire Department who I rode motorcycles with on Veteran Rides.

Their Bar caters to First Responders and Veterans and is filled with memorabilia from fire departments, police departments, individual officers and others

There is a RAF Flight Suit nametape bearing the name of "Foo" on it.

We like to support our Police Officers, Fire Fighters, EMS Staff, and of course our Military and Veterans of all the services.

At Kelly's, Brass Name Plates are added to the Chair Backs upon the on-duty loss of a First Responder or local Military Member which is a nice touch.

You may have to endure a crass commercial message before the video about the Brewery begins.....apologies if you do.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6132955411001#sp=show-clips