PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pegasus accident in SAW; just reported
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2020, 08:29
KRH270/12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PJ2
I've been waiting for your other shoe to drop by way of explaining to others why it's wrong. If so, please say why. We fly 800s with the package and I can't find anything in the FCTM, the FCOM or the QRH performance section except data on the pitch-roll angles at which various extremities of the airframe are at risk or not depending upon whether an SFP package is installed.

The only information I am able to find online is from non-Boeing sites which in itself points to another issue regarding getting information for operators from Boeing, but I'll leave that aside.

Here is what B737.org has to say, as linked to previously:
Because the SFP was designed to do just that, using the features posted in this thread a couple of times now.

As the name sais, it increases performance on short fields, for takeoffs and landings.

If you calculate the incident at SAW with the BOEING OPT the difference of operational ldg. distance between the two Aircraft options is about 10% or 250m.

So the statement that SFP does not affect landperf is simply wrong, and thats what i said.

Last edited by KRH270/12; 16th Feb 2020 at 08:42.