PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 15th Feb 2020, 22:41
UAL777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pay for a Regional FO in the USA is NOT $115-$120k lol. It's more like $36,000-$50,000 and some regionals offer a sign on bonus anywhere from $5,000-$22,000 as a one time thing, not every year. The $115k is for direct entry Captains at the regionals and also, that number includes a one time bonus of up to $50,000. Then second year as a direct entry Captain, one is earning around $70,000. Also I'd take the Qatar Airways 100 hours a month flying a widebody where I'm eating or sleeping half the time and earning real money tax-free verses 4-6 legs a day as a Regional pilot with very short overnights at ****ty hotels in the likes of Birmingham, Alabama eating at the local waffle house..Please don't compare Qatar Airways with a Regional. Heck, I'd say being a Qatar Airways Pilot is as good as it gets in Aviation. The US airlines are not a paradise career, just look at the history of American, Delta and United....Things weren't always so rosy