PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I doomed?
Thread: Am I doomed?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2020, 09:17
Magic90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I thought it was just me. Unlike some of you fine fellows, I still have several in the bank and strangely enough the same wife as I collected some 36 years ago. Now here’s the down side. Have had gout for 30 years or more which never really bothered me and even less so when I took the medication and drank plenty of water. However, 18 months ago I was diagnosed with arthritis. Consultant put me on several different drugs to which they sort of work. Being an honest type I went for my Class 2 last June and quite casually mentioned to my AME that I was taking blah and blah for my arthritis. Big mistake! Immediately grounded until I can show my bloods are stable and the condition is under control. The blood side of things appears to be black or white regardless of my physical state. Eight months later I’m still not there and I have a beautiful PA-32 sat in a hangar which I can only fly with a QFI as technically I have only student status. So depressing! I’m going to give it another 6 months and then consider hanging up my grow bag and selling the old girl. The only positive is that almost all my flying is IMC work... never done so many precision approaches.

Am I fit? I run most days, do yoga several times a week, take several supplements and my blood pressure is really good, however, in the eyes of the CAA I’m a liability. The irony of this story is, my dear 75 year old QFI can hardly climb in and out of the Saratoga, probably why he has a 182, but continues to hold a Class 2 without restriction.

the hard lesson I’ve learned...honesty is not always the best policy.