PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another US Start-Up Airline ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2020, 10:49
zondaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
I guess this is sort of a start up. Looks like they bought the XTRA Airways AOC and plan to turn it into something bigger ?:

"The company, operating as Houston Air Holdings Inc., is 'getting ready to spool up to transform this little charter airline we bought,' Andrew Levy said in an interview Wednesday."

:Levy left United Airlines Holdings Inc. in May 2018 to work on forming a startup airline. Three months later, he purchased XTRA Airways Inc., a Florida-based charter carrier. XTRA’s parent had sold most of its fleet to Swift Air, but kept one Boeing 737-400 to retain its Part 121 commercial airline certification."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...up-u-s-airline
I was deadheading on a flight just over a year ago, and the lady sitting next to me was one of the management team members that is putting this thing together. At the time, she said the plan was to get 737MAXs, but it looks like it will be 737-800s. She was one of the founders of JetBlue and long time management of Southwest. She said this new company would be the next southwest, flying point to point, using secondary airports if possible. I asked her how that was different than Moxy and Allegiant, and she said they were going to be leading edge with technology, but it looks like Moxy/Breeze says they will be leading edge with technology. So, who knows.

At least it isn’t Avatar Airlines.