PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2020, 16:49
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spanish eyes
It wasn’t that long ago that the airport operator stated that the airports capacity was 16 million but the bully boys at the council wanted more with the airport operator eventually conceding. Now according to reports here the operator has put in an application for 19 million which makes me wonder if it is actually the council putting in the application to itself via the company that is running the concession. This I would imagine is linked to the other planning application to relax noise limits as the operator doesn’t wish to comply.

This is a classic tale of abuse of power by a local authority where there are no checks and balances and where the planning committee goes through the motions to make everything appear legal but the process is not impartial.
Spanish eyes, I must be one of many Luton tax payers who ‘demand’ LBC allow the airport to reach its potential which will entail continued growth. In turn there will be employment opportunities for those seeking work.

For decades the airport was under used and now it has the potential to become the UK’s 3rd Airport (yes 3rd Airport) and I live within twenty five seconds of departing aircraft from the runway over south Luton.

You claim or have inferred that the council is breaking the Law. Can you please state exactly what Laws have been broken.

I await your response...