PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside International Airport-1
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2020, 15:34
Robert-Ryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onion
Its clear Peel weren't interested so the mayor came in with the promise of making a go of it.
Not to defend a company that is no longer in the picture, but the only thing the Mayor/TVCA/Stobart have done (entirely themselves) so far is the name change. They claimed credit for Balkan returning for a second season but A) they in all likelihood would have anyway and B) you never negotiate airline deals as singular terms, they're always three or five year deals so I find it very hard to believe any negotiating was required at all for the second season. The JetsGo deal was taken to an advanced stage of negotiation by Peel then placed on hold when the takeover completed, so the Mayor was handed that one as a nice neat package. Whilst the Eastern deal is solely the new regimes, Peel had a similar, possibly larger operation lined up through Loganair who were planning a whole network of routes, many covered now by Eastern. Loganair's included Jersey and Guernsey (a photo of the Guernsey application appeared on here) as well as a Dundee-Durham-Southampton amongst others.

To the best of my knowledge anything Peel had in the pipeline is now either complete or discarded, so whatever comes next will give a more accurate picture of how effective the new regime is - and I'm sure they will be.