PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR(H) - Information
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2020, 11:51
ApolloHeli

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by C20 Overture
All information and thoughts appreciated....

1) Can anyone recommend a place to do a IR(H) course post-Brexit? Is there really any cost saving in having an ICAO IR(H) first?

2) Can anyone recommend a place to do a IR(H) (plus MCC) on Bell 212/412? Apparently CAE cannot offer a stand alone course.

3) If Bell 212/412 SP already on license, does this negate the need to do the type rating as part of the course (and therefore reduce the total cost)? Or would it just be cheaper to do the type rating + IR on 355/135 etc.?

4) With more than 3 years having passed since last ATPL exam completed, am I correct in saying that I need to resit 5 IR exams? Do I need to be signed off by an ATO to sit these (as was the case for the ATPL exams)? Or given I've already satisfied the training requirement when sitting ATPL exams, can I just sit the IR exams without having to go through an ATO?

5) ATPL exams were all done in UK. Can anyone recommend a country / authority for sitting the required IR(H) exams post Brexit?

Thank you.
Answer to number 5) I know that Austrocontrol (Austria) has made sitting the ATPL/CPL/IR theory exams very easy. They might be one you want to consider.