PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NYT: How Boeing’s Responsibility in a Deadly Crash ‘Got Buried’
Old 12th Feb 2020, 06:49
radken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may have missed this in the mass of reporting lately about things “Max, but I’ve not recently read any more about EASA’s previous statement made a couple of months ago concerning their “insistence” they will fly the Max “bare airframe” before blessing this type to return to European skies. This mention of “bare airframe” performance does (it not?) go to the basic issue of what Schizoid characteristics the ship demonstrates in certain high speed power/attitude combinations, and which, if encountered by your “average” line pilot, just might be beyond their “average” ability to safely fly out of. Here in the U.S. the discussion about MCAS always devolves into “making the airplane safe by fixing the software.” This is the direction in which I believe Boeing Corporate purposely and successfully has directed the conversation since the “real fix,” the aerodynamic “flaw” fix, is impossibly expensive. Does anyone know a more recent update from EASA?